Black & Color Cartridges
1. Cover the outlet hole with the orange outlet seal that came with the cartridge (a rubber band will hold this in place) to prevent ink loss during refilling or with your finger over it while wearing latex gloves .
2. Use the "thumb drill" provided to drill a hole into the small indention just below the circle that says "PUSH".
3. Attach the needle to the syringe and fill with the correct color ink.
4. Slowly inject approximately 13 ml. of Black Ink or 6 ml of Color Ink slowly into the filling hole you just made until the chamber is almost full. Unused ink may be returned to the bottle.
5. Seal the hole using the small set screw and allan wrench provided.
6. Remove the orange outlet seal (or your finger) from the outlet hole.
7. This cartridge has a chip. When you reinsert the cartridge back into the printer you will get some pop up boxes asking you questions about using the cartridge again. Just answer all the questions until your cartridge is accepted. The cartridges will print fine but your ink level gauge will not indicate a full cartridge.
8. Run 1 - 3 cleaning cycles as per printer instructions.
If you are filling cartridges to use later, leave the orange outlet seal rubber banded onto the cartridge. This will prevent your sponge from drying out.
Note: If you have trouble getting your printer to print because it thinks the cartridges are empty. Look on your printer for an orange blinking light. This is your reset button. Hold this button in for 5 seconds until the light goes out.